Fly Llama Brewing is looking fill the position of a Packaging Line Operator. The Packaging Line Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Fly Llama’s packaging equipment, as well as the cleanliness and organization of the areas of the production floor that packaging occupies. Successful Packaging Line Operators work with the brewing team to transfer finished beer from brite tanks into cans and/or kegs, while adhering to Fly Llama’s quality standards. Packaging and/or manufacturing experience is great, but the right attitude and work ethic is essential. Long hours in a hot and wet environment come with the turf.
Fly Llama operates a 2 and 10 bbl brewhouse with tanks ranging from 2-40 bbls and has an automated 8 head ABE canning line. We brew everything from lagers, to sours, to seltzers and everything in between.
- A Passion for craft beer and creating the best possible product
- Attention to the most minute details
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible Scheduling depending on packaging needs
- Forklift experience is a plus
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the cleaning and sanitizing of packaging equipment, including the kegging line and canning line.
- Assist in the completion of production reporting, as assigned.
- Communicate daily with Head Brewer to ensure the proper rotation and storage of finished goods and packaging raw materials.
- Communicate with the Head Brewer when issues are beyond an operator’s skill level.
- Clean and organize packaging areas.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment.
- Assist with the deep cleaning and maintenance of Fly Llama’s packaging equipment.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- The noise level in a packaging facility is frequently loud.
- The employee regularly works with pressurized vessels.
- The employee comes in contact with and has to handle sharp objects.
- The employee handles hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee works in a shared environment in close proximity to other team members.
Please attach your resume here along with a few sentences about yourself in the message body.